- Kaiser US State Health Facts: Menlo Park based non-profit, non-partisan foundation devoted to providing facts, and analysis about public health.
- FedStats: A comprehensive searchable gateway to Federal Statistics
- StateMaster: Comprehensive state by state statistics and comparisons.
- Government Printing Office: From text of congressional bills to budget related documents.
- Congressional Budget Office A repository of of budget related analyses and data
- Government Accountability Office Superb reports on how government spends money.
- Energy Information Agency
- Census Bureau The largest repository of county, city, state, level data relating to sociodemographics among other things.
- UN Statistics: A UN division devoted to providing basic economic, environmental, development, and demographic data on the member states. The data are not always presented well, but still a reliable source.
- World Bank Country Data: A larger more comprehensive initiative to bring you a host of data on countries around the world.
- BBC Country Profiles: Provides 500-1000 word snapshots of countries along with basic ‘facts’. A great way to learn about countries quick.
- Library of Congress – Country Profiles These are comprehensive profiles with reasonably well done historical section.
- CIA – World Factbook
- EU Statistics